The New Year is the best time to set new goals! Most people have difficulty following through with their goals, but one great way to stay on track is to create a “dream board.” Even Oprah swears by it! Essentially, a dream board is a collection of pictures, words, and phrases that will inspire you and remind you daily of your objectives! I was shocked that only a few short months after creating one for myself, I had accomplished over half of the goals I set. Images are so powerful and it’s a great feeling to use them in such a positive way!
- Set your goals – Do you want to land a job or internship? Improve your health or fitness? Learn a new language? Want to save money for that Michael Kors bag you’ve been crushing on forever? Make your goals specific and realistic – don’t try to lose 20 pounds in a month, you’ll drive yourself crazy!
- Find compelling images – use magazines, Google images, favorite celebrities, inspirational quotes, etc.
- Make a cute collage including all of the pictures you find on a big poster board.
- Hang it somewhere you look everyday – think subliminal messaging!
- Go conquer the world!
- Take more pictures with a REAL camera and print them out
- Write more letters
- Read five books
- Save $1,000
- Work out at least 4 times a week
- Get three A’s spring semester
- Drink more green smoothies
- Give more compliments
More digitally inclined? Check out Oprah’s online dream board creator: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/O-Dream-Board-Envision-Your-Best-LifeTM